Welcome

I decided to create this site so that I can chronicle my never ending learning experiences. My primary discipline is competitive trail riding however I am interested in pursuing other disciplines including classical dressage. I have studied natural horsemanship for nine years and it has shown me how important a solid foundation is for both horse and rider. I have a passion for educating others and enjoy working with "problem" horses. My goals are to always remain open minded and to never stop learning.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Patch of Heaven

Unfortunately it has been a long, boring, and horse deprived week. I have been visiting family in Kannapolis, North Carolina and there is just not a whole lot to do here. After a few days of sitting around, watching TV, and hanging out on the Savvy Club Forum, I decided to take action. I have been active on the Savvy Club Forum since July of this year and I started following Mariah Helms' blog around the same time. She is truly an inspiration in that she has only been doing Parelli for three years, is well into Level 3, and oh did I mention that she is just now turning 17! Knowing that this very talented Parelli student was in the area, I sent Mariah a message and asked if I could come for a visit; thankfully she said yes.

When I arrived this morning Mariah was brushing Sundance aka Fabio, a stunning sorrel APHA. After our initial meeting, she introduced me to Bebe, a bay AQHA, and my play mate for the day. We started off playing in the arena and I had so much fun working with Bebe and watching Mariah and Sundance. After warming up on the ground we did some ring riding before embarking on a trail ride around the farm. Our ride ended with a venture into the pond that Bebe thoroughly enjoyed. I had such a wonderful time and have made a great new friend.

1 comment:

The Alway Family said...

Such sweet words you have posted, I am glad you had a great time!

XOXO

Mariah